Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What is the mind? It is our mind that is the 'I' in me and the 'you' in you.

The connection between the brain, mind, consciousness and self image. Our mind is an image that can be felt and seen!
Today I just woke up with a deeper understanding of the connection between the brain and mind, emotional intelligence and self image. At any given time I am doing some activity like driving or waiting for customers in my antique shop I am always thinking about the basic context of human nature/consciousness. So when my mind goes to sleep my brain takes over and sometimes I wake up with a new or deeper insight into the mysteries of consciousness. Right now it is one of those magical moments when I am thinking that it is all coming together.

It is our mind that is the 'I' in me and the 'you' in you. When I am hungry my mind is hungry. When I am angry my mind is angry. When I am happy my mind is happy. When I am -2 my mind is -2! When my mind is -1 I am -1. When I am +2 my mind is +2 and when I am +1 my mind is +1. When I am tired my mind is tired! When I am dreaming my mind is dreaming!

The primary function of the brain is to project consciousness. The higher and deeper the quality of the brain the higher and deeper the quality of human consciousness. The primary belief is that the 'I'/'me'/self controls consciousness.

It is our consciousness that controls us! In fact consciousness is the very core being in each one of us. The quality of our consciousness answers the most important question of each human life, 'Who am I.' Also it is this consciousness that is the 'I'. The other name of consciousness is the mind.
I strongly suspect that the mind, me, the I, the self and our consciousness are all one and the same entity. As the brain projects our self, the I, the me in me, the you in you it is the quality of the brain that determines the quality of the self/mind/me. As the brain works in images, the brain projects an image of the mind/self/I/me. As the brain quality determines the self image quality; the brain projects not the true mind/self/I/me/consciousness, it projects an assumed consciousness/mind/self/I/me. Thus the brain projects the self image which for all practical purposes is our true minds own image. Thus self = mind and self image = mind's image.
One can ask how can a self image think. Well the self image is a projection of the brain and it is a self conscious self image which is the self conscious mind, the self conscious self, the self conscious I/me. The quality of the I/self/consciousness/me/you is the same as the projected quality of the mind which is dependent on the quality of the brain. So when I am thinking, it is my assumed consciousness/me/self/mind that is thinking.

I guess there is nothing new in what I am saying so far so what am I so excited about? Well we feel and see our self, we feel our mind but we do not see our mind, so now if the self image is our mind then we can actually see our mind in the shape of our self image! Thus our mind has an image after all that can be felt and seen! So even if we can see our mind what is the benefit of this? Well if we can see our self we can examine it in contextual mindfulness and thus we will also be examining our mind visually in contextual mindfulness! So to fix and improve our mind all we need to do is to fix and improve our self image! The key to an improved mind is the key to an improved self image! So to examine your mind examine your self image.

And it is amazing that our greatest profits have been stressing the importance of knowing/becoming our true self. From the Buddha to Jesus to Mohammad they have all been stressing selflessness! By becoming selfless we also make our mind selfless. And as selflessness is an attribute of wisdom it means by becoming selfless one also becomes wise; because wisdom is an all or nothing entity which means selflessness comes from the wisdom tree! Thus by becoming selfless we make our whole mind wise! Thus to make our mind free of emotional holes we need to make our self free of our self image. As all the emotional holes spring from our self image.

Therefore a selfless being is no longer a subject just of philosophy and religion. A selfless being is a subject of pure science! We can build a whole curriculum of how to create super mature minds by creating selfless beings! And just like the self image the image less self is a projection of the brain and so we will have to ensure a squeaky clean brain from at least birth onwards.

What if my hypothesis that the self image is the mind is totally wrong? Since time immemorial from the ancients like Pascal to our contemporary mind sciences maven Prof. Steven Pinker have called for a theory true or false that can explain the unanswerable questions of philosophy/life. Well the main point is that assuming that the self is also the mind has huge practical benefits so who cares if it is true or false!

There I go again claiming that the self image is the mind! My basic theory/formula of womb-conditioning (W-C), womb-reality (W-R), actual-reality (A-R) and personal reality (P-R) also I claim to be true. But I place my claim not on authenticity though I know that it is authentic. I place its importance on the tremendously beneficial practical applications in all life, especially the mind sciences. Similarly claiming that the self image is the real face of the mind must be considered as something we need and is essential to make the mind education more concrete among other things. As our mind is no longer an invisible entity we can put it under the microscope by putting our self image under the microscope! So to know our mind we will have to know our self image! Thus conquer your self image conquer your mind. Become your true self - become your true mind!

Of course there are lots of benefits by being able to fix something which one can see; for it is much easier to fix something that is visible as compared to something that is invisible!

In order to fix the emotional mind we need to fix the emotional holes in the mind. We also know that the self image is responsible for our emotional holes. Thus by fixing the emotional holes of the self image we actually are able to fix the emotional holes of the mind. This fixing of the emotional holes in one resulting in the fixing of the same emotional holes in the other is one more indication that the mind and self are the same entity.

I am my assumed mind! So it is extremely important that our assumptions be as close to our true self/I/me/mind/consciousness as possible.
Our self is not in its own control because our assumed consciousness/self/mind/I controls our true consciousness/mind/self/I/me.

Even though we now have a good understanding of the importance of brain power and we have many books and research papers stressing the brain's importance and even though the internet is full of brain improving sites; main stream education is yet to introduce a compulsory brain improvement subject.

PS: I showed this knol to a neighbor and he said it is BS. Well may be it is BS but who cares - look at the practical/magical benefits of this knol! My philosophy is to seek out and adapt ideas and ways that have real practical benefits and leave the truth and falsehood part to the heavy duty philosophers and scientists. Also after all we all know that some basic mysteries of life may never be solved - ever; so why miss the train of success opportunities in the mean time! So lets jump on the train of insightful ideas that have practical benefits! Also till we know the truth, lets adopt a new criterion for truth: any thing, any action, any idea that brings goodness, profit, health, happiness etc. to all without having to compromise moral values,and that brings only benefits to all and harm to none then we can say may be it is the rightful and true idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment