Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wisdom = Self Mastery = Super Mature Emotional Intelligence = Spiritual Self.

Am I even qualified to write about this? My own life has been a torturous journey of an unhealthy upbringing in which my brain has been roasted with emotional pain. I grew up extremely nervous, shy and depressed. Often I felt terrified of being alone facing life. I often wondered why I was like this. So I thought may be my purpose in life is to observe my own emotions and the more I observed my feelings the less severe they became. I finally realized that my brain was stuck with emotional garbage. The more I took this garbage out the more confident and happy I became. Having got rid of my emotional problems I still realized that I was greedy and at times unjustifiably over confident. So I started pondering on why I had these bad streaks in me. I realized that there was more garbage in my brain. So I started working on it again.

I soon realized for myself that there are stages of brain development and the brain develops physically from the fetus stage to the master stage. And it is the physical quality of the brain that determines even the emotional quality of the brain and this physical stage is partly created by the emotional environment in which the brain develops. And I found that most human brains stop short of emotionally developing to the highest stage.

As a child I went to a Catholic boarding school. Every Sunday I went to bible school. I became interested in the teachings of Moses and Jesus. Then I met this teacher who introduced me to the Buddha. I discovered that they were all self masters. I read somewhere that the common quality in all of them was wisdom. They were all wise. I made a list of the qualities of a self master. I formed a chart comparing the attributes of wisdom and the traits of self masters; they turned out exactly the same.

Then lo and behold I found for myself that the attributes of an emotionally super mature person are also the same as a self master's. Thus wisdom = self mastery = super mature emotional intelligence. They are one and the same entity. Thanks to pioneers like Dr. Goleberg we now know emotional intelligence as defined within the paradigm of science. So as we know emotional intelligence we know wisdom and self mastery. The only problem here is that the self is even today couched in mystery.

What is this self? Is it immortal? Is it the same in all of us? Is it divine? These are questions that are outside the paradigm of science but I can say that the qualities of the divine self and the self of a self master are exactly the same! They are both humble and selfless and sacrificing etc. No wonder since time immemorial man has been trying to create self masters; man has been trying to create wise human beings. And as wisdom = super mature emotional intelligence, to create self masters we need to create super mature emotionally intelligence human beings. The qualities of a divine self apart from it being immortal are the same as that of a super normal self.

Thus to achieve the divine qualities of the human self all we need to do is to develop the self to the super mature emotionally intelligent brain level.

The human self is a product of a process. A process that takes place in the brain. The quality of this process determines the quality/shape of the self. As there are broadly four levels of the brain stages there are four levels of the self; from premature to immature to mature to super mature. As the aim is to make each human self super mature we will have to take steps to create education that will turn each brain into a super mature emotionally intelligent brain.

Instead of worrying on whether the self is immortal or not we must focus on how to make the self have the same divine qualities as long as the self is alive. And this is possible within the paradigm of science!

No comments:

Post a Comment