Thursday, August 26, 2010

Gd said to Moses, 'I am who I am." - Exodus 3:14

Through out the Bible Gd has spoken only a very few times to mankind. In these five words Gd is making the most powerful and insightful statement. This statement has/is the key to understanding the riddle of the goal of life - to know, understand and master your life. Throughout history man has tried to become more and more physically and emotionally powerful. Even the scriptures have stressed that the objective of life is to become as close to Gd as possible. The above 5 words by Gd are giving us a very good glimpse of how Gd feels about His Own Self. I am breaking this statement up as a code to how man must feel about his own individual self. It is a clue from the Bible how we must feel internally ; how each one of us must shape our internal reality. Because it is the internal reality that shapes our external reality. Our internal reality shapes the very context of our life.

I would put the goal of life to mean that I have to know, understand and become my true self to the extent that I can truthfully say for my self what Gd said to Moses, "I am who I am." But to know who I am is not enough because to know say my defective self and leave it at that is not enough. Not only must I know how far I am from my almost perfect self and also how to get to be at the apex of my emotional and regular intelligence.

Just like Gd man must know exactly who he is. What is his potential. What are his limits. Who he is right now and what he can become and how. How much of his potential he has developed and how much more he has to develop. One of the key that is mostly ignored is given the very nature of the brain man must know how much unhealthy potential is currently part of the brain which has to be cleaned off.

The bible says the beginning of wisdom is the fear of Gd. It also says to follow Gd's covenants. What better way to follow Gd than to imitate and try to copy Gd's ways. What better way than to take Gd's own statement and make it your own. Look at how we follow and try to imitate our heroes, even our Hollywood star. We even try to follow fictional characters from the movies and novels. Gd is a character from the most wise book of books. Why should we not follow Him?

Just imagine a community, a group, a country where the majority of the population are able to say truthfully,
"I am who I am." Are able to say 'I know exactly who I am'. And, 'I am exactly who I am supposed to be'. And,
"I am not what I am not supposed to be". " I am my full human potential". "I am my truly actualized self". "I am not my phony self image".

Given the amount of knowledge we now have about emotional intelligence and my own knols on wisdom we can make it possible to have a complete subject just like math and science. We can create a curriculum with lessons and exercises that will deprogram the brain of ignorance. A ignorance free brain will rise to the super mature level to sprout wisdom. And then we can make Gd's statement, "I am who I am' our own. Because if we follow Gd we will be blessed with a fully actualized self. Then our almost perfect internal reality will be in full control of our external reality. We will become masters of our brain. We will become masters of our life. We will become masters of our time.

We will become our true self and our actions will no more be phony. We will not look for trophies for emotional happiness and security. Our pleasures will become real. Our time will become as close to eternal as humanly possible.

Security will improve. Defense budgets will fall. Educational budgets will rise. Ignorance will be hiding in small corners and wisdom will be king.

We will perceive our self as Gd perceives His Self and for Him the whole human race is his creation and his children. For Him the whole world is one family. For each one of us it will become the same - we will have no internal reality barriers of any kind and so we will treat every one with love and respect irrespective of caste and creed. And we will then not construct any external barriers for those we consider as others. Life will become heaven on earth as much as it is practically possible.

So dear reader are you with me on this: shall we take the first steps to enable man to say,'I am who I am'.

No comments:

Post a Comment